Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Bathroom redo!
When we first looked at our house to buy I had a hard time seeing past the bathroom.
The walls , over halfway up, were TEAL tile with BLACK trim.
The older gentlemen that lived here had a green shower curtain, a dark green plastic something over the window and the floor itself was green as well.
The vanity was horrible looking and, I just felt it dirty looking. (I am a germ freak so, it was bothersome)
Anyway.. we couldn't let something as silly as an UGLY bathroom and an outdated kitchen (see kitchen redo here ) prevent us from buying the house.. otherwise we loved it.
Once we decided on the house tho, I went on a search for a shower curtain that would make do for the time being. I did just that.. I found something that made the bathroom more then tolerable...(I even kind of liked it) and so here is what it looked like for some time!
We knew though that we did want to redo it at some point but money and time never allowed (mainly money)... One day however, while my husband was doing something with a leak on the bathtub faucet... several of the ugly teal tiles fell out!!!! The leak was behind the wall and was dry rotting the drywall. We had NO choice but to take the tile out of the bathtub area.. in fact, we took it out from all over the bathroom.
Right away my husband and my brother in law put new tile up in the bath tub area.. I mean, we gotta bathe. But, that was as far as it could go. We couldn't afford doing anymore. So, it sat like that... for a year.
This year with our tax money we vowed to eachother it would GET DONE. The problem was.. finding a shower curtain I wanted to stick with a theme.
There were SEVERAL options....
This was an option.. Pale yellow walls with blue accents.
Or this.. with a brownish colored wall and teal accents (tho my living room is teal and brown)
and I even considered just a plain white shower curtain also with a yellow wall.
In the end tho, we did what we REALLY wanted to do but, were a bit nervous to.
THIS
I could NOT be more happy. I love the color and how bright and cheery and fun it is. It is not finished. Somewhere along the way the money ran out (lol doesn't it always) and so I am left to do the little things here and there (pictures, shelves ect) but, I am so so pleased. I will post a final one when it is finished but, we are on 3 weeks and it hasn't been updated anymore so I couldn't wait!
I love to decorate and "Redo" a room. I also love seeing them so if you have done any redecorating or redoing of a room.. send me a link so I can check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I painted my bathroom that very same color and I love it. Yours is beautiful!
Post a Comment