Friday, June 8, 2012

Ahh... judgment

This picture has been floating around facebook. The first time I seen it my first thought was "SO so true"
 I mean cause, come on...we all know we have done it.. you hear someone talk about a movie they watched last week and you think to yourself  "Wow, she admits that? I would SO never watch THAT"  Yet, the night before you watched something equally awful... but, it wasn't "THAT " movie so it is ok?
Yah, if we are honest we have all done it. Obviously some more then others but, it is done. It happens to me from time to  time.. in fact it used to happen to me a LOT more but, I have over time learned to change that thought process.
I am not saying that if someone is doing something awful that I do not judge. If a friend of mine came to me and told me that she was having an affair, I would defiantly judge her. Biblical blacks and whites are defiantly  in need of gentle correction (and sometimes, not so gentle) but, the grey areas? Well I think those are better left not talked about with in the Christian folk!
But, I refuse to let my thoughts go to someones "godliness" because their Bible cover is too "loud" for my liking or because they drink apple juice instead  of grape juice. These may be silly scenarios but, they aren't too far off from the truth. We are human and we automatically think that OUR thinking is right .... it is human nature...
But, we must also remember that others think that they are right.. and going around and judging over such silly things really does cause strife and sews discord. Not to mention what it does to our own spirituality. It can squeltch it if we get into it too deeply.
Now, if someone likes yellow more then blue.. I simply think to myself "they can be wrong if they want to" LOL no I don't ... while I love blue I realize that yellow is also very pretty and we are lucky to have people who are different and think differently. Otherwise, things would be pretty boring no?
I am secure in my faith that people can think differently then me... I am ok with it.. this doesn't mean that I will not give them my opinion (when appropriate) but, I am not going to judge their love for God through their differences.
I mean, I do not know about you but, I am human. I fail and fall ALL THE TIME.. (I know right?) and, if this weren't true it wouldn't be in Gods word.
God knows I am a sinner. God also knows my heart and I do not need to tear down someone else to make myself look better to God.. He already knows who I am. A sinner, saved by grace.... A worm am I.
A fellow blogger said it best once she said "putting out someone elses light doesn't make yours shine brighter" (Thanks Tori) and, it is true. It may APPEAR to shine brighter but, the reality is, it is no brighter then it was before. We need to be careful.
There are so so many people out there trying to tear us down. Trying to find fault in every little thing we do.. We certainly do NOT need it within our churches or Christian circles and it isn't something that we should have to worry about within our churches... I mean who better to understand being a sinner saved by grace better then a fellow believer?
God gives grace... we should use a little more in our dealings with each other.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Great post, Kristy!