Its a cute little house only 900 something square feet but its cozy and sweet.
BUT, it defiantly was not decorated to our liking.
The kitchen and bathroom were the main areas of the home that needed updating.. I would have to say the bathroom, at first made me NOT want the house at all.. Teal tile through out!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I have since found a shower curtain and have "made it work" (for now, we do plan next tax season to update that room)
Anyways, our cabinets were a light wood color, all shiney. Our counter tops were pink with red swirls and metal trim!!!
the walls they were peach with a brown wallpaper on the bottom half.. totally outdated!
SO, for Christmas one year, my step dad who is a carpenter redid our counter tops they were amazing but, the rest of the kitchen just didnt "match' and so, this year at tax time, we bought the things we needed and slowly chipped away at it when time allowed...
Finally, after a few months of the fridge sitting in my living room..and some "troubles" along the way.. We have a NEW and updated kitchen.. I just LOVE it.
Here are some before and after shots.
The kitchen Before: (most of these were taken before we moved in)
This is the upclose of the cabinets before paint
From the living room looking in.. wow, what a mess :P I just finished with dinner and my daughter shot this with her play camera, I am glad tho, because, its the only one I have of the full kitchen ....


The OLD counter tops

a view of the sink, you can see the old floor *again this was before we moved in*

and here is the new paint, but old fridge and old cabinets.. you will see the fancy stuff my hubby did above my fridge in the next pics! And please do NOT mind the mess on the top of the fridge, construction is hard to live in :)

here are the
AFTER pictures:
This is standing in the door looking in... probably pretty obvious.

a picture of the window above the sink.. take notice of the decorative scalloping *is that what that is called?* anyways.. take notice :)
I do have six more coffee pics to put up above the window, just havent yet.

Again above my fridge.. only this time, its to take notice of the difference.
Notice in the first picture, there are cabinets above the fridge... Well, one of our glitches in the update was, we bought a new fridge. We bought the fridge without ever laying eyes on it. My brother, got us a sweet deal on it and we could NOT pass it up and since we needed one badly, we bought it without being there. It came, we loved it but, it was too tall for our kitchen.
So, my handy and wonderful husband made me this beautiful shelf on top and THEN, matched the "scalloping" from above the sink and made it look like its always been there!
I love it, and I am on the look out for fun coffee stuff to put up there... but for now, this is how it sits~

Looking from the basement door into the kitchen.
please do NOT mind the mess in the living room, my husband has just knocked down a wall in there to open it up *and the kids were playing in there *

in the above picture you can see the pass through that my husband put in from the kitchen side, In this picture, you can see it from the living room side. Once the part where he tore down the wall is all patched up, I will be repainting the living room, for now, I stare at joint compound.. :)

The left side of the kitchen...

THIS was my inspiration for the color scheme and coffee theme!

and lastly... the high chair that Abby got from my mom for her first birthday. I saw it and HAD to have this one, since it matched my kitchen and all :)

There are still some minor things to do like touch up paint, hang pictures.. ect ect.. but I am sooo pleased! My husband did a fantastic job, it doesnt even look like the same kitchen anymore~!
4 comments:
Looks great! Tell hubby he did a fantastic job ;0)
Absolutely cute! Y'all did a great job. I say y'all cus you surely had the ideas and me made them happen!
We live in limited space also, so it encouraged me to hear that I'm not the only one who's having to be creative with space. But, at least from the pictures, it seems that your kitchen is laid out to made the most of every square foot.
Love the colors. Love the coffee. Love the cabinets. Love it ALL!!
Thanks Tracy, I will let him know :)
Thanks Elizabeth!
yes, the ideas were mine.. all except for the shelf above the fridge. He did and thought of that all on his own. :P he is crafty.
Our kitchen is very small, Can only fit a tiny four seater table but, we try and utilize every bit of space without cluttering. Cluttering will make it seems SO small. Our living room has minimal furniture in it as well , so it doesnt seem so closed in!
Wow, that looks great. Love the coffee pics! And isn't it wonderful to be married to a "handy" husband?
Post a Comment