This year I decided on two words for our family. Thankful and intentional. These two words go hand and hand for me and I couldn't separate or choose between the two. So, both it is .
I think it is important as busy people to be more intentional. More intentional in our giving (time, compliments, gifts, love... etc). We need to be more intentional in our Bible reading and prayer. Our worship and serving.
None of this is easy. Especially when we are busy. Especially when we are tired.
Perhaps it's not hard for you or people in your life but, it is for me. I need to remind myself to be intentional.
Also while being intentional, I find it hard to not be more thankful.
I start off this year being incredibly thankful for how my life has changed. How I went from constant struggle, to having a partner. A true friend to tackle this life with. Someone who cares about my well being and uses every bit of his free time to make sure I'm comfortable and happy. Who goes out of his way to help me. To take some of my load off because, as someone in my life for a long time, he's known my struggles.
How I went from everything being a chore to now, enjoying life and those who God has given me to enjoy it with.
Today I am thankful for meal planning. Today I sit in my cozy house with a cup of coffee meal planning.
That may seem like an odd thing to be thankful for or, to even be blogging about. But, it's very important to me.
Four years ago I went from a stay at home wife and mother to a single working mom.
People do it all the time and I see some do it so flawlessly. I however , wasn't so flawless in my efforts.
Some days I laid down thinking "I got this".
The kids were sleeping, fed, clothed, and happy. The house was clean , baths were given and everyone in matching jammies.
Other days, I laid there crying as a failure with cereal as dinner and the house destroyed. The kids wearing yesterday's clothes to bed and at least one of them mad at me for being "the worst mom in the world " for something.
It was hard. The struggle was real. At times I couldn't imagine one more day.. other days my heart was so full I couldn't imagine being happier.
I spent a lot of time just going through the motions. Not being intentional in much and often not being very thankful.
I didn't grocery shop. I made money waitressing and, on my way home from work pick up what was needed for the day. It was less than ideal but, it had to be done.
Today I sit here meal planning. Today I sit in my cozy home and I am planning out meals for my family. It's a big deal.
After years of struggle, I get to sit with my coffee and plan out what we would like to eat instead of what we can afford.
I get to have time to take pride in our home (even if it is a temporary situation). I get to giggle more and talk with my kids more ( all 6 of them). And while I'm super excited to meal plan, I guess what I'm truly thankful for is the man who wakes up at 3:30 am every day.. without fail. Who after already being at work for 5 hours sends me texts to wake up to like " I hope you're getting good Sleep ".
A man who calls me before leaving work after 10 or more hours to see if there is anything i need for him to pick up so I don't have to leave.
A man who makes time for all of his kids after work and after all of that, makes sure I have what I need.
A man who after four years of struggle allowed me to leave my job to be home and do my real job. My favorite job.
Today, yes, I am thankful for meal planning. But, I'm even more thankful for the man who has made that possible!
(Yes my tree is still up, don't judge me lol)
( I love his handsome face 😍)


No comments:
Post a Comment