It is officially FALL YA'LL.
It is really smelling and feeling like fall and I LOVE it.
We had our fifth Sunday service on Sunday. Whenever we have a fifth Sunday at church we have church, fellowship and then church.
Each one has a different theme. This month we did a Polish theme.
The kids sang a song, and quoted John 3:16 in both English and Polish. It was nice to have my inlaws (who are Polish) in the service and Abigail wearing Annas Polish Princess outfit :)
I have no pictures because I forgot my SD card. UGH. Bad Mom!
Anyway.. since we were out of church so early on Sunday we decided to take the afternoon and go to the Cider Mill. It was our first trip of the year. It was INSANE. It was way too crowded for my liking.
I am not a fan of crowds. Not with my four kids and the dog in tow. Too much anxiety for me lol
We opted out of cider and doughnuts because well, who has an arm and a leg to pay for it? Not to mention they have about 199 goats and the like in this small pen and the smell from that... well, you can imagine.
But, we did really enjoy ourselves.. Ruger (our dog) had the time of his life and it took him two days to recoup. We walked the trails and sat by the water. The kids skipped stones and it was the best way to spend a Sunday afternoon ( if not in Church of coarse).
here are a couple of pictures.
Feeding the smelly goats :)
The Apples of my eye!
I made the perfect fall meal yesterday... Beans and ham and cornbread.
It is one of those comfort foods from my childhood days.
It isn't perty but it sure is GOOOD.
I really love "fall food" well, I really love food in general
but, I think fall is my fav!
I STARTED CHRISTMAS SHOPPING!
Ok, so it was only a couple stocking stuffers
but I was excited.
I love personalized things. I was a kid
with a name spelled Kristy
when the popular spelling is Christy.
I did not have a lot of personalized
things growing up.
So, when I find an end cap or something with personalized
stuff I love searching through the stuff to find my kids names.
I of coarse, never find Kalebs name (spelled with a K)
and I always say "see, you hated it as a kid look
what you did to Kaleb" lol
(But I do so love the spelling of his name) .
Anyway.. off on a rabbit trail there... Meijer always
has an end cap that has personalized things. They were
SO expensive..The other day however, as we were
walking by I seen orange tags on it all...
So, we scoured.
We were only able to find
things for Abigail.
(which was funny cause I thought
she had the most popular name
of all my kids)
So, I bought her these for her stocking!
Original price for the folding lunch bag was $9.99
The original price for the toothbrush $5.99
That would have been $15.98
Instead I spent
.99 cents on the lunch bag
and .59 cents on the toothbrush!!!
so, my total was $1.58
That is $14.40 cents in savings.
We do a lot of trips to the zoo, and the village and museums
so this will come in handy AND, her toothbrush
has a blinking light telling her how long to brush her teeth.
Ideally I would have been able to get one
for each kid. BUT, I am pleased as punch at my savings and
the fact that they are personalized :)
At this price I was looking for every kid I knew and their name
but, I found none!
Only 82 days left till Christmas!!!! :)
I do so love the Christmas season as well!


3 comments:
Your kids are soooo adorable! :)
THANKS Valerie. I like to think so :)
Ham & beans ...doesn't get much better than that =)
Post a Comment