Sunday, January 15, 2012

Going Green


Global warming is not something that I put any thought into. I do not believe in it and therefore, I do not buy into it.

I do believe that we should be a good steward to our environment so, I do recycle. I do re purpose and reuse.. (tho many of these things are done because it also saves me a buck or two, let's face it, I have a lot of people living here)

But, I do try and do things when I can. I do not go out of my way to hurt things but, I also do not chain myself to a tree so that it doesn't get chopped. God gave us such amazing things to love and enjoy and, our family does.. but, I am NOT getting in between a man with a chainsaw and a tree... Guy with the chainsaw ALWAYS wins :)

Anyways... I have a point here... somewhere (where did I put that thing anyway?)

In Sunday school we have been going over the book of Revelation. And today, as I sat there reading the Word of God... Global Warming popped into my head.
Again, not because I have bought into it but, I thought about the GREAT LENGTHS that people who believe in this go through and why.
I looked up on wikipedia .. here is a quote: "An increase in global temperature will cause sea levels to rise and will change the amount and pattern of precipitation, and a probable expansion of subtropical deserts.[11] Warming is expected to be strongest in the Arctic and would be associated with continuing retreat of glaciers, permafrost and sea ice. Other likely effects of the warming include more frequent occurrence of extreme weather events including heat waves, droughts and heavy rainfall events, species extinctions due to shifting temperature regimes, and changes in crop yields. Warming and related changes will vary from region to region around the globe, with projections being more robust in some areas than others.[12] In a 4 °C world[clarification needed], the limits for human adaptation are likely to be exceeded in many parts of the world, while the limits for adaptation for natural systems would largely be exceeded throughout the world. Hence, the ecosystem services upon which human livelihoods depend would not be preserved."


People are so scared and frazzled about these things that are going to happen because of a plastic bottle in land fill... ???

Let us check out a couple verses in Revelation shall we??

(5) And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.

(7) The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

(8) And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;

(9) And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

(10) And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;

(11) And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

(12) And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.

These scriptures are taken from Chapter 8... I don't even need to bring up the locusts in chapter 9 (shudder)
The point here is ... That all these people who have bought into this lie and take all these precautions, invest so much money and yet, do not take a second look at what could be. the TRUTH about the judgment of Christ... Reading the above verses alone I would have to say that I would take "more frequent occurrence of extreme weather events including heat waves" over what the Bible says is to come. If they can believe this man made lie... why can they not believe the Bible?
I know , I know the answer . It just makes me sad.. and, I sat in Sunday school sad this past week thinking about all those who think the Bible is a lie yet bought into the man made lies (like global warming) .. sigh...

1 comment:

Tara said...

So true, Kristy! Great post on a timely issue....Jesus will be calling soon and time is short!