Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Nail Biting

well as most of you know that I am really into photography... and my dh bought me my "dream" camera this past year (coarse now I want bigger, better.. doesnt it always work that way :P)
Anyways I have had a couple shoots, a few people interested in me "working" for them but nothing that has paid yet.
Sunday I was approached by a woman at church saying that someone at her work was looking for a photographer for her sons wedding.
I instantly got EXCITED..... I stated my price and my "terms" sent a book of my work with her and waited....
Yesterday I recieved an email from the woman saying that she thought my work was beauitiful and that she wanted to get with me to give me a deposit...
NOW is where the nail biting starts.... I am starting to second guess myself... freak out about lighting ect ect.... I am very very excited yet, very nervous at the same time.
This could be a HUGE break for me... what if people see my work and want to hire me because of it...
NOw, I am not a wedding photographer.... I will do some from time to time.. but I am a childrens photographer... at least I hope I am :P
The wedding isn that far away.. October 11th... I still have yet to talk to the bride only her mother in law to be... I am not even sure this woman likes my work ... ha ha....
with the money I will be able to get my lens fixed (I dropped one of them) and I will be able to buy some props and stuff I will need.... for now, all the money I make will be put back into it... but, it is all in fun, I enjoy it and love to see the finished product....

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Just breathe. lol You're going to do a fabulous job. You might want to go to the church where the wedding will be and scope it out. And also attend the rehearsal so you can figure out a lot of things before the day of the wedding. You're probably already planning on doing that...just trying to help here. Anyway, you'll do a great job.

~Kristi